Pushed to Lead
Ryan was thrown into a leadership role early in life! The second season into his professional sports career, Ryan was named the Captain of the Washington Capitals. After being traded to the Montreal Canadiens, he became an Assistant Captain, and likewise with the Vancouver Canucks.
Leaders are Learners!
Ryan obtained a Master’s Degree in Leadership/Business in his mid-forties because he continues to be passionate about better understanding how leaders and leadership works culturally, inter-generationally, and internationally. We see everyone as a leader. Some are just beginning their Leadership Development process, while others are further along. In the game of hockey, when the puck is on your stick, you are leading. What you do next profoundly impacts the direction your team will take. Business culture functions under the same process. When you have the client on the phone, at that moment you are leading; you are representing your team!
Leadership Insights from inside the NHL!
We utilize our strong inside connection with professional sports to initiate interactive, engaging training with your people. Ryan’s inside insights from NHL locker rooms are unique. We can’t wait to show your leaders how NHL captains and coaches implement strategies on relevant business challenges like engaging Players, increasing Cultural Communication, establishing Conflict Resolution that builds instead of destroying relationships… and so much more!
Leadership Insights from my Colleagues around the NHL!
I am also eager to share Leadership insights from my direct connection with NHL Players, Coaches, and Presidents, past and present. I will relay amazing best practices representing just a few of the many Leadership principles I have learned from teammates, opponents, coaches, mentors, friends and family:
Overview of The Performance Equation
We practice lively interactivity, engaging discussion, positive affirmation, meaningful feedback, and inspiring stories in our half, full, or multi-day Leadership Development Sessions to ensure that our participants emerge inspired, empowered, and equipped to implement positive change. Participants will learn how to Overcome personal and cultural obstructions to increase performance and well-being company-wide. All of our training is focused around this key performance equation:
Developed Potential – Obstruction
Everyone needs to win 3 games to increase performance/well-being. We will devote one day to each.
- Energizing the INNER GAME
- Executing the OUTER GAME
- Igniting the TEAM GAME
Leading ME – Energizing the Inner Game
Session one is all about you – Better understanding your characteristics, strengths, qualities, emotional energy, confidence and mindset gives you the opportunity to grow your business.
- Increasing Emotional Energy – Understanding the Hungry Quadrant
- Personality Style Indicator – Understanding me
- Characteristics of an Admired Leader – Who I need to be
- Qualities – Hero model – Who do I want to become?
- Mindsight– Understanding the brain science behind performance
- Mindset – NHL Keys to mental toughness
- Customer Service-Customer Value
- Future Focus – “If only I’d”
- Future Focus – The VALUE of a customer- Racecar driver
- Future Focus – Asset-Action-Outcomes Process to build your business
“Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, there lies your vocation.” Aristotle
Leading YOU – Executing the Outer Game
Session two is all about you as a leader – Better understanding your Leadership strengths, the Leadership Method that works today, how to develop positive outcomes from conflict, and how to build a winning culture.
- Leadership Skills- Theory X Theory Y
- The Four Leadership Skills
- Leading Change- Straw Challenge
- Leadership Skills- Coaching people’s BEST GAME-Mason/Risk Reversal
- Leadership Model- Polytrophic Leadership
- Leadership Skills- Creating Positive Conflict (Value Principle)
- Leading Projects- RACI
“Life begins when you do.” Hugh Downs
Leading US – Igniting the Team Game
Session three is all about leading your team! When culture or team is off, it is impossible for success to be maximized. In this interactive session we will explore where your team is today and where you want to take it, how to positively influence your team’s emotional energy, how to lead the 4 Generations in your workplace, and develop a high standard for team communication.
- Tarp-Torture- Team = Culture
- Team Evaluation- Tuckman Model
- Team Evaluation- 5 Dysfunctions of Team
- Team Evaluation- Tribal Leadership model- Where is your TEAM today?
- Emotional Energy- Hungry Quadrant- Team Application
- Bridge Building- Understanding team dynamic
- Cultural Realization- Which game does our culture play: Football-Baseball-Basketball-Hockey?
- Leadership Style creates Cultural Environment
- Cultural Communication– Architect/Builder
- Coaching Team performance- leading 4 Generations in the Workplace
“Choice, not chance, determines human destiny.” Robert W. Ellis